Monday, September 27, 2010

Update on our crazy, busy, boring,wonderful life!!

Wow I've been horrible at updating lately! Not good at all, but I'm going to start doing better since this is the only journal type thing that I use. I think blogs are sorta boring to read when it's just words and that's how this post is going to be because I always forget to get my camera out when we're off having fun. So I'll just do a quick update on things that have happened since my last post...yes that was in June or July! Yikes!

  • Summer was great for both of us! We LOVE summer and all the fun that comes along with it! This summer we went to Disneyland with the James' (pictures and post to come!), worked way, way more then we should have because we hardly ever saw each other (except from about 10-12 at night before bed), spent WWWAAAAYYYYY too many hours at the softball fields, I got certified to teach group fitness, went on a couple little camping trips, didn't cook one meal at home (thanks parents, restaurants, and the Fish House!), Tyson ran his FIRST 5k with me during Trout and Berry days and he hated every minute of it and he refuses to run ever again unless it's around the bases! Mindi, Holly and I ran the Freedom Run 15k in July (right before we all injured ourselves, pictures and post to come!) I was signed up for the TOU half marathon but couldn't run it due to my knee injury :( Next year is my year to have a healthy body so I can run all sorts of races! celebrated birthday's and had parties with our families..can't beat good cookouts with family! So that pretty much sums up our summer!
  • Tyson is attending his LAST AND FINAL semester of plumbing school right now!! Wahoo!! I'll finally have a husband to spend the evenings with again on Tuesday and Wednesday nights! :) Maybe we'll even get to eat dinner at home on these nights!
  • I'm still going to school up at USU studying Family Consumer Science Education (fancy word for teaching home ec!) 2 years down, only 2 more to go! Yay! I have quite an easy going semester; I'm only taking 14 credits instead of 18 like I did Spring semester. I love not having 10 hours of homework every night! It's great!
  • We're still primary teachers for the 5 year olds and we absolutely LOVE them!! They are so hilarious and always have funny stories for us! They're also so dang smart, they should be the ones teaching the lessons because I learn way more then they do!
  • Tyson has been doing LOTS of extra plumbing lately on the side for my Dad and he is also in the process of plumbing Jess and Mindi's house so he is quite busy with that.
  • Last weekend I went with a bunch of my girlfriends to Park City for a fun girls trip getaway! It was such a blast! We left around 12 on Friday and had lunch at Maddox, stopped at Target and shopped a little, shopped more in Park City, went to dinner, stayed up WAY too late having "girl talk", woke up and went to breakfast, shopped more and then came home! It was much needed and so much fun! Can't wait till next year ladies!
  • We celebrated my birthday last weekend and I got WAY spoiled! I have the best husband and family ever! To celebrate my birthday you'll never guess what we did...Yup if you said I spent it at the softball fields you guessed right!! On our way home from Park City I got dropped off in Brigham so I could watch Tyson play in his tourney..which lasted till 9 p.m.! So we decided to go have a birthday dinner at Angies since everything else was already closed by the time we got home! Yum! What a wonderful place to have your birthday dinner....? Other then unexpected softball all day I had a fabulous day!
  • I'm still teaching Bootcamp for Body Rebellion and loving every minute of it! I love the girls that I get to teach and the wonderful other trainers that I teach with! It's the most perfect job ever!
That's pretty much all that has been going on in our lives lately, I'm sure I've probably forgot many things but since I'm going to be better at posting from now on I'm sure that you'll all hear about everything else that I happened to miss!

2 comments:

Todd and Elaine Henke said...

I'm sorry you got hurt!!! Was it while running?? Good job on gettin the hubster to run with ya!! Someday I'll be able to do that!! :) Is the bootcamp class you teach at the Rec center? I might want to come to a few classes once the baby is born! You'd be a dang good teacher.

Lando & Cami said...

Gentry so I was on The James Girls blog and saw your so I jumped on over! What a cute little blog you have!!! You guys are so cute! I hope you don't mind if I add you to our list!