Saturday, June 26, 2010

RaGnAr!!

I was soooo lucky and got asked to do Ragnar this year; it was such a blast!! My van was soooo much fun, I had the best most fun girls ever!! There was never ever a dull moment! I seriously am dying...I can't wait to go run it again next year!! Next year a lot of my team won't be able to do it so Mindi and I are putting a team together with a bunch of our friends and Tys just cannot wait....NOT!! He hates running but I'm making him do it anyway....wow what a rude wife!! It'll be sooo much fun though!! This years team is hopefully going to go do the Vegas Ragnar in October...if we can get some sponsors; so if you know of any send them our way!! :) Anyways so back to last weekends race! I really can't believe how fun it was! I was runner #3 and had some of the best runs and some of the worst too! My first leg was 5.9 miles and it went from Lincoln elementary in Hyrum to Paradise square. This run went pretty well considering it was noon and very hot! My mom, dad, Chance, Mindi, and Hunter came and cheered me on for this race...oh family/supporters make races so much more fun and give me so much energy!! Thanks fam, it meant a lot to have you there!! :) My next run was my favorite and fastest run too! It was 4.6 miles and it went through the town of Morgan. This run was soooo awesome!! I started around 10 Friday night so the weather was PERFECT!! I felt like I could run for miles and miles during this run, I didn't want it to stop!! I also had great family that came and supported me for this run too! Tys, Dad, Mom, and Holly came and drove along side me the whole run which made my run go by so fast! I loved it! My last leg....ugh I don't even want to talk about it!! It was a killer for me and really tested my strength and endurance! This run was 7.9 miles uphill; it went along the Jordanelle River. Wowzers I was sooo dang sllllllloooooooooowwwww during this run! I was tired, achy, and it was blasted hot!! I was done after mile 2 and couldn't wait to hit the finish line! That was the best feeling ever when I saw the finished line up the road....ahhh I was sooo happy to be done running! I don't think it would have been such a bad run if it were my first run but no it was last after my body was tired and lack of sleep! Yikes! Oh wells! I am proud to say that I did meet my Ragnar 2010 goal....not to walk one bit on any of my runs!! Wahoo!! I felt like walking 59 times during my last run but I made it! After our van was all finished running we headed up to Park City for the finish line...wow talk about crazy crowded town!! Tyson, Scott and Tammy came to the finish line to watch us cross it and then take me home...once again I'm so blessed with such great family!! Thanks so much guys!! After we left Park City we went and ate some yummy food and then headed home! This was one of my favorite weekends ever!! I can't wait for it to come around again! :) Here are some pictures...in some crazy order because I don't have enough patience to move them or even write what the pictures are so just guess! ;)












5 comments:

Justin & Ashlee said...

That is so great Gent! Congrats on completing that!

Bryce and Britt said...

That's so awesome! One day I hope to run in it!!

Shelley said...

You're so awesome Gent! I wish I even wanted to do Ragnar.

Ashlie said...

What's up Gentry baby!? Just found your blog. Again. Loved Ragnar! I'm so glad you got to do it!! I'm sure you rocked it and had a great time doing it:)! See you soon? I hope...

RoBiN said...

Ragnar was soo much fun! I loved having you in our group! You are a riot! I love ya! Let's get togethher soon, I miss ya!